Sunday, June 14, 2009

But It's a Dry Heat....in Death Valley

It is apparent that the mild Texas spring time has officially fled town. We are now left with high temperatures, high humidity and ZERO breezidity factor (I like to make up my own words some time....deal). Here is an example of our dilemma:

At 530 PM, CST, the outside temperature was 100 degrees.




















Fast forward to 1030 PM CST the same day and look what we have:




















4 degrees cooler. 4. WHOLE. DEGREES.

Apparently we here in the Big D must have done something to have pissed off Mother Nature because just two days ago, we had torrential rain storms with lightening and 80+ mph winds. I lost significant branchage on my tree in the front yard, and lost a scraggly tree in the backyard. Now the mosquitoes are out in full force (one tried to carry Punkin off yesterday morning) and I am sweating as soon as I get out of the shower.

Bitch, moan, complain. K - I feel better now.

PS: I took these pics WHILE driving with the new iPhone. I only swerved into the lane next to me once!

PSS: I wonder if an invasion of locusts could be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment