Thursday, September 10, 2009

What's a Butt Monkey?

Time for a random blog post:

I love Beavis and Butthead and I am not afraid to admit it. I spent many a night after clubbing watching them in the wee morning hours on MTV (before MTV got swallowed up by Cribs, Dumb Dating shows and The Hills). You remember those days, right? When they actually played music videos during most hours and then showed Aeon Flux and other cool animation in the late night "Liquid Television" series.

But I digress. Finally a show that truly captured the essence of many of the high school (and junior high) adolescent males I encountered in my youth. Let's face it...a 16 year old male may not necessarily LOOK like these two clowns on the outside, but were mirror images on the inside. In some cases the physical resemblance to people I knew in my youth was uncanny.

Beavis and Butthead provided fodder for MONTHS of jokey sarcasm regarding Butt Monkeys, Butt Burglars, Ass Goblins and Winger (notice the trend). A co-worker and I went for months calling each other Butt Monkeys while other colleagues looked at us like we had tripped on acid. In addition to being useful as "terms of endearment", I have whipped out the occasional "Ass Goblin" reference on individuals who were being particularly annoying and basked in their complete surprise and utter lack of ability to respond to such a random and unexpected insult. The best reaction is when they turn around to look behind them...like there really is a goblin perched on their nether region. C-L-A-S-S-I-C!

I think I need to go buy the Beavis and Butthead collection on Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment